PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Version dated 29/04/2022
Morocco Stars Tours
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is any information relating to a natural person who is identified or can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The person responsible for your personal data is the natural or legal person referred to as the “Controller” or “Data Controller”. This person is the entity that, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the Processing.
WHEN AND HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may collect personal information about you when you request a quote, purchase a trip or excursion, when you use our websites, when you participate in a survey or contest, or when you contact us.
The categories of information we may collect, as applicable to each traveler, are as follows:
- Name, home address, email address, telephone number, passport or other recognized identification document numbers and information, credit/debit card or other payment information;
- Advance traveler information, which includes your name, nationality, date of birth, gender, passport or ID card number, expiration date and country of issue;
- If applicable, health information for travelers with specific medical and/or dietary needs;
- Travel history, including information about stays and services booked in connection with your travels;
- Information about your purchases of products and services from us or our trusted partners;
- Information about your use of our websites;
- Communications with us by mail, email, phone calls or through social networks;
- Addresses, including the real-time geographic location of your computer and your IP address.
WHY DO WE USE THIS DATA?
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you request: We use the information you provide to us to conclude and execute a sales contract, administrative procedures (transport tickets, reservations with our receptive) necessary in the context of your trip or your stay;
- To contact you in the event of a change of schedule(s), cancellation of a flight or any modification or adjustment of our services: we send you messages about the services you have requested and the changes that apply to these services. These communications are not for commercial purposes and cannot be turned off;
- Credit Card or Other Payment Card Verification/Preliminary Review: We use your payment information for accounting, billing and auditing purposes and to detect and/or prevent fraudulent activity;
- In this respect, it is specified that in the context of the payment facilities that may be offered to the customers of MOROCCO STARS TOURS, a payment service provider, acting as a subcontractor, whose confidentiality policy can be consulted at this address: https://getalma.eu/legal/data
- Security, health, government, crime prevention/detection: we may disclose your information to governmental authorities or regulatory compliance bodies;
- Customer Service Communications: We use your information to manage our relationship with you as a customer and to improve our services and your experience with us (e.g., newsletters, special offers, email notifications, contests and sweepstakes);
- Tailor-made services: we use your data to provide you with information that we think will be of interest to you before, during and after your trip and to personalize the services we offer you, such as special offers to your favorite destinations;
Marketing: we will contact you with promotional offers on our products by e-mail or by mail (personal mailings of brochures and advertisements). You have the option to accept or decline receiving these communications by indicating your choice during the booking process. You will also be given the opportunity, in each of our electronic communications, to indicate that you do not wish to receive any further marketing communications.
We will only process your personal data as required by law. Personal data may be transferred to subcontractors, but only for the purpose of carrying out the above operations. The legal basis will vary depending on the purposes for which we have collected and need to use your personal data. At no time will your personal data be transferred to a third party entity for commercial exploitation.
We may use and compile data for profiling purposes. Profiling can be carried out by setting cookies or computer developments. Profiling is the automated processing of your personal data. This data is used to evaluate, analyze and predict your preferences, interests and behavior. We use this data to: for example, provide you with personalized information about trips and offers that may be of interest to you.
You may change your consents for each type of communication or use of your data at any time online by using the links in newsletters and links on the Data Managers’ sites.
We will not retain your data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed. In determining the appropriate retention period, we take into account the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and the possibility that we may achieve those purposes by other means.
We must also take into account the length of time we may need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to process claims, questions and defend our interests in the event of a claim.
Once we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. In any case, the collected data will be anonymized after a maximum of 5 years.