9 Days Journey from Casablanca to the Desert
Overview for 9 Days Journey from Casablanca to the Desert
This itinerary spans 9 days and takes you on a journey through the beautiful country of Morocco. Starting in Casablanca, you will be warmly welcomed and driven to Marrakech, where you’ll have time to explore the city’s cultural and historical sites. The trip continues with a visit to the UNESCO heritage site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, followed by a scenic drive through Dades Gorges to reach the breathtaking Erg Chebbi desert in Merzouga.
You’ll have the opportunity to experience camel trekking and spend a night in a Berber tent in the desert. The journey then takes you to Fez, the oldest city in Morocco, where a sightseeing tour will introduce you to its rich history and fascinating medina. From Fez, you’ll travel to Chefchaouen, known for its blue-painted streets, before heading to the coastal cities of Tangier and Asilah.
In Tangier, you’ll embark on a sightseeing tour that covers attractions such as Cap Spartel, the Palace of the Sultan, and the Kasbah. Asilah offers a serene seaside retreat with its picturesque beaches and Portuguese walls. The final leg of the trip takes you to Rabat, the capital of Morocco, where you’ll explore the medina, Hassan Tower, and the Chellah necropolis.
The journey concludes with a transfer to Casablanca airport for your departure. Throughout the itinerary, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in Moroccan culture, visit historical landmarks, savor local cuisine, and enjoy the stunning landscapes of mountains, deserts, and coastal towns.
Highlights of the 9-Day Journey from Casablanca to the Desert:
- Marrakech: Explore the cultural and historical sites of Marrakech, including the Hassan II Mosque, Rik’s Cafe, Majorelle Gardens, and the vibrant Jemaa El Fna square.
- Ait Benhaddou Kasbah: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ait Benhaddou, an exotic and well-preserved fortified Kasbah with a fascinating history.
- Dades Gorges: Drive through the scenic Dades Gorges, admiring the stunning natural landscapes and rock formations along the way.
- Erg Chebbi Desert, Merzouga: Experience the magic of the desert by trekking on camels and spending a night in a Berber tent in the heart of the Erg Chebbi sand dunes. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and sunrises in the desert.
- Fez: Discover the oldest city in Morocco, Fez, known for its UNESCO-listed medina, ancient architecture, and vibrant markets. Visit historical landmarks such as the Qarawyine University, the Royal Palace, and the Jewish Quarter.
- Chefchaouen: Explore the charming blue-painted streets of Chefchaouen and soak in the laid-back atmosphere of this picturesque mountain town.
- Tangier: Take a sightseeing tour of Tangier, visiting Cap Spartel, the Palace of the Sultan, the Kasbah, and the vibrant medina. Experience the fusion of Moroccan and European influences in this coastal city.
- Asilah: Enjoy a relaxing seaside retreat in Asilah, known for its beautiful beaches, Portuguese walls, and artistic ambiance. Watch the sunset from the tower along the coast and indulge in delicious seafood.
- Rabat: Visit the capital city of Morocco, Rabat, and explore its historical sites, including the medina, Hassan Tower, and the Chellah necropolis. Immerse yourself in the rich history and architectural wonders of the city.
Experience the Beauty of Morocco: 9-Day Journey from Casablanca to the Desert
Day 1: Casablanca Airport – Marrakech
We eagerly await your arrival at Casablanca airport to extend a warm welcome to our beautiful country. We take pride in showing you both its charms and its flaws. Upon meeting at the airport, we’ll begin our journey by visiting the Hassan II Mosque, the largest mosque outside of Mecca, followed by a visit to Rick’s Cafe and the scenic Ain Diab seaside boulevard. From there, we’ll proceed directly to Marrakech, where you can relax at your accommodation and enjoy an evening stroll through the city at your leisure.
Day 2: Discovering the Secrets of Marrakech
After a delightful breakfast at the riad, we embark on a sightseeing tour of Marrakech, often referred to as the “Red City of Morocco.” Founded in the 12th century by the Almoravidian dynasty, Marrakech is steeped in cultural and historical heritage. During our tour, we’ll visit the important landmarks of Saadian Tombs, Majorelle Gardens, and Koutoubia Tower. The afternoon is yours to explore additional places of interest, such as Bahia Square, the city’s bustling souk, and the renowned Jemaa El Fna square.
Day 3: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou Kasbah – Rose Valley – Dades Gorge
We pick you up from your accommodation to begin an enchanting 3-day trip. Crossing the High Atlas Mountains, we’ll capture picturesque moments along the way. Our journey takes us to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, a magnificent fortified castle. After lunch in the Kasbah, we’ll explore its historical beauty before continuing our route to Dades Gorges through Ouarzazate.
Day 4: Dades Valley – Todra Gorge – Merzouga’s Erg Chebbi
Desert Following breakfast, we venture towards the Merzouga desert and pass through several charming Berber villages along the way. We’ll take a leisurely stroll through the impressive Todra Gorge before continuing our journey to witness the breathtaking sunset from the back of a camel. Arriving at our guesthouse in Merzouga, we’ll enjoy a cup of traditional Berber tea and prepare for an unforgettable night under the stars in the heart of the desert.
Day 5: Merzouga – Ziz Valley – Midelt – Fez
Before sunrise, you’ll wake up to capture the magical moments of the sun’s ascent. After breakfast and refreshing showers at the hotel, we’ll depart for Fez. On our way, we’ll admire the natural beauty of Ziz Valley and make stops at impressive viewpoints. Our route also takes us through the city of Midelt and the charming town of Ifran, known for its distinctive architecture. Finally, we’ll arrive in Fez.
Day 6: Exploring the Treasures of Fez
Fez, the oldest city in Morocco, invites you to immerse yourself in its rich history. Today, we embark on a guided sightseeing tour of Fez, led by a local expert who will reveal the city’s secrets and provide valuable insights. You’ll have the opportunity to visit historical and cultural landmarks, explore the narrow streets of the old medina, and discover significant sites like the Old Qarawyine University, the Jewish Quarter, and the Royal Palace. After lunch, a visit to a traditional cooperative awaits, followed by a panoramic view of the entire Medina of Fez.
Day 7: Fez – Ouazzan – Rif Mountains – Chefchaouen
After breakfast at the hotel, we depart for Chefchaouen via Meknes and Wazzan. In Meknes, we provide you with time to explore its historical landmarks before continuing our journey. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the green Rif Mountains as we make our way to Chefchaouen. Once we arrive, you have the evening free to wander and explore the charming town at your leisure.
Day 8: Chefchaouen – Tangier – Asilah
After breakfast, we head to Tangier, which is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Chefchaouen. Today is dedicated to exploring Tangier through a combination of bus and walking sightseeing tours. You’ll visit attractions such as Cap Spartel, the impressive Palace of the Sultan, the Necropolis, and the Caves of Hercules. Explore the Kasbah, medina, and souk, where you’ll have free time to immerse yourself in the vibrant streets filled with colors and enticing aromas. Don’t forget to pick up a souvenir. After exploring Tangier, we drive to Asilah, a picturesque seaside resort town known as the “Pearl of the Atlantic Ocean.” Enclosed within Portuguese walls, Asilah is a haven for poets and painters, with its captivating sunset views from the coast’s tower. Enjoy the beauty of this small fishing town, its stunning beaches, savor exquisite local seafood, and immerse yourself in the unique culture of this beautiful Moroccan town. Overnight stay in a riad.
Day 9: Asilah – Rabat – Casablanca
After breakfast, we depart from Asilah to Rabat, the capital of Morocco. During your visit to Rabat, explore the medina, where you’ll find the iconic Hassan Tower and the mausoleum of Mohammed V. Across the river lies the charming town of Sale, which you’ll also have the opportunity to visit. One of the highlights is the Chellah, a historic settlement built around freshwater springs. It evolved from a Phoenician and Roman city into a necropolis for the Merenid dynasty. Explore the exposed ruins of Roman Sala, and admire the picturesque minarets of the tomb complex adorned with stork’s nests. After the visit to Rabat, we will drive you to Casablanca airport for your 6 pm flight back home, marking the end of our service.
The tour includes :
- Transport by 4X4
- Driver & guide
- Hotel nights
- One night in the desert camp
The tour excludes
- Flight meal (lunch), drinks
- Fees for visiting the kasbahs and monuments
- Camel ride
- Everything not mentioned above